Tuesday 21 April 2015

Firehouse Fitness

For a change from lifting weights, I decided last night that I'd give something different a go. I heard that two firefighters had opened a gym close to where I live and thought I'd give it a try.

It was a like a class type of training with a group of around 20 people. He explained that he'd only had around 8 people per class until this one!

We started off with a basic warm up, just some jogging and high knees and stuff, then moved on to more HIIT type training.

We pushed a weighted sled as fast as we could for 10 seconds then switched people and carried on until we'd covered the whole road there and back.

We then moved on to some circuit training with around 10 different stations. There was battle ropes, tyre flipping, shoulder press with a barrel like on worlds strongest man, and a few others.

Overall I found it really fun, and hard work towards the end. The staff were really nice and pushed you, and kept it entertaining for everyone.

If anyone is ever in the area I suggest giving it a try as it's something out of the ordinary.

Overall it was very enjoyable!

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts