Wednesday 7 January 2015

Steroid use in the UK

I know this isn't a product review, however it is a subject related to the fitness industry and, sort of, supplementation.

I was on the way to work this morning listening to my usual radio station when I heard a news story about the use of steroids in the UK.

It quoted that nearly a million people within the UK are using steroids as a shortcut to "get ripped".

I found this news quite shocking.

Having watched endless documentaries on the side effects of using steroids, and seeing interviews with people who have used them previously, I thought people would know that the abuse of such substances can cause serious health problems.

I know that there is a divide as some people believe if you cycle them correctly you can have positive results without having side effects, but how can you guarantee that in the long term?

It also quoted that children as young as 13 were using the substance to "get ripped quick" and this really did cause concern from myself.

As a nation should we not educate our children to what effects the use of such substances can cause? And at such a young age how do these children manage to get their hands on them?

I believe it is stories such as these that should catch the attention of parents, carers, and even the government in order to better educate younger generations when it comes to such serious topics.

If you want to be ripped, then there is no shortcut, it takes dedication, hard work and perseverance in order to achieve great results. Shortcuts or the use of substances can cause serious Heath problems in later life, as proven by previous users.

Thank you for reading,

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts